This week in trash news:
- Ivoirians arrest French execs in sludge scandal; the UN is pretty sure its rules were broken; and, my friend Kimberly informs me, the Dutch company doing all the toxic dumping is the very same oil biz that got Kofi’s son in so much trouble;
- Serbia ships nuclear waste to Russia;
- A trash heap in Durham, North Carolina, has been burning for over a week;
- Upper East Siders are no longer immune to dump truck traffic and funny smells;
- Bermuda beats Manhattan in most-waste-per-capita-generated-by-an-Island contest;
- And India hopes to turn tons of trash into megawatts of power.